Friday, November 18, 2011

Langa Market


So, I'm in the Langa market, a kind of cross between KMart and Value Village spread over several blocks, I'm negotiating to buy the only coffee maker I've seen since I've been here. The guy says price is $50, so I say hey, way too much, I'll only pay $20. Meanwhile he has his calculator out and is putting the amount on the screen to show how much he wants. I see its $15 not 50 so I quickly withdraw my offer for $20!
Went to Indian restaurant again on Thurs night with my Aussie roomates. Food just as good but service not up too snuff. They have only been open a few weeks and already are moving to a larger spot next door. News travels fast among expat community.
I have to work today because we got an extra day off at Eid. But of course no students will come in so it is an Alice in Wonderland moment. We will all go in to work pretending there will be work to do.
That's the news for now

No comments:

Post a Comment